Travis M. Corby
Travis Corby’s litigation practice focuses on all areas of insurance bad faith law, health care litigation, and business litigation.
He has spent much of the past four years fighting the condemned practice of insurance rescissions in the areas of health, life, property and auto.
Mr. Corby also focuses on all areas of health care law, including “medical necessity” or “experimental and investigational” treatment denials; “customary and reasonable” under reimbursement disputes; and authorization disputes.
Mr. Corby co-counseled a verdict of $19 million against Stonebridge Life Insurance Company for its unlawful medical necessity peer reviews and an arbitration award of $3.7 million against Travelers’ Indemnity Company of Connecticut for its use of a policy provision that was found to violate California law.
Over the past four years Mr. Corby has successfully litigated bad faith cases against Blue Shield, Blue Cross, Health Net, Cigna, AIG, Chartis, National Union, Stonebridge, Household Life, Americo Financial, Tower Insurance, Mercury, Symetra Life, Caremore, Reassure America, Primerica, Hagerty, Prudential, Travelers, and US Fire.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Super Lawyers: Rising Star, 2015
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40
- Insurance Bad Faith Trial Lawyers Association – Executive Committee 2013
- Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- American Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- California, 2009
- U.S. District Court, Central District
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
AREAS OF PRACTICE:
- Bad Faith Insurance Law
- Health Care Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Pepperdine University School of Law, Malibu, California, 2009, J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, 2002, Bachelor of Arts
- Certified Public Accountant, California, 2005
TRAVIS CORBY IN THE MEDIA
Contact Travis M. Corby at email@example.com